“I cannot call somebody ‘hard-working’ knowing only that they read. Even if ‘all night long’ is added, I cannot say it—not until I know the focus of all this energy…”Epictetus
When dedicating time and energy to something, it is important to weigh what, how, and why you are doing it. An important thing to consider is, are you doing the right thing or are you doing things right?
In this episode, we discuss the topic of reading. Often seen as ALWAYS a great thing to do, we use an article to frame a different way of looking at your reading habits.
- Episode background: Daily Stoic article on reading
- Reading we practice for our professions. Example of Marine Corps Reading list
- Reading we practice for purposes other than, “work”
- Benefits and/or pitfalls of different types of reading
- Best practices on, “how” to read more effectively
Connect with us!
Did you like this topic?
Leave a comment, sign up to receive our newsletter and latest episodes!
Is there something you would like us to do a show on or an interview you want to hear?
Join us at the Future Focus Health Network —WFO LIFE PODCAST TRIBE