Victory or defeat is not determined at the moment of crisis, but rather in the long and unspectacular period of preparation.Anonymous
Most teams (and individuals) know how to handle adversity better than they handle success. This is the reason it’s so hard to build a dynasty or culture that consistently produces winning outcomes regardless of personnel changes.
In this episode we were fortunate enough to speak with Coach Steve Campbell, one of the most successful Coaches in the history of Texas High School football. Coach Campbell has been coaching for 38 years (36 at Calallen High School) and is a member of the Coastal Bend Coaches Association Hall of Honor. The sustained success of Coach Campbell and Calallen has produced one of the winningest programs in the history of Texas High School Football. Their streak of long playoff runs equates to 12 additional seasons of football games during Coach Campbell’s tenure (wow).
- Coach Campbell Bio/Background
- Coaching experience and the Calallen Football Program
- Relationship and working with Coach Phil Danaher
- Maintaining a culture of excellence for 3 plus decades
- Value of building a culture of competition both internally and externally
- Why continue to coach?
- Best memories and athletes he’s coached
Connect with us!
Did you like this topic?
Leave a comment, sign up to receive our newsletter and latest episodes!
Is there something you would like us to do a show on or an interview you want to hear?
Join us at the Future Focus Health Network —WFO LIFE PODCAST TRIBE