“Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”?”
― George Carlin
Dr. Curtis presents another timely health-related topic. In this episode, he discusses the completely disproven, completely unhelpful, actually harmful–RICE Protocol.
RICE = (REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, ELEVATION)
Anyone who has ever strained a muscle twisted an ankle, or torqued a ligament can relate to this now disproven strategy.
- ORIGINS OF THE RICE PROTOCOL
- DR. MIRKIN, Father of RICE PROTOCOL
- Gary Reinl–THE ANTI-ICEMAN
- Inflammation, Repair, Remodeling
- What to do with Swelling
- Icing’s effect on tissue damage
- Ice decreases circulation and cell repair
- Ice decreases healing
- Ice slow growth factors for muscle/bone/blood vessel cells
- ARITA (Active, Recovery, IS, THE, Answer)
- MEAT (movement, exercise, analgesia, treatment)
*Remember this episode is an interview and for educational and entertainment purposes. Do not take any concepts discussed as specific medical advice for you, without discussing with your personal physician.
Connect with us!
Enjoy these topics, let Dr. Curtis know by messaging or following the WFOLIFEPODCAST.com
Want to interact with your hosts, try joining the WFOLIFE TRIBE