Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.John Wooden
In many ways, life is about competition whether we want to realize it or not. More often than not, it’s not the traditional competition we think about. Competition in sports, school, and business gets a lot of attention. However, the biggest competition is often a contest between who we are and who we can be.
In this episode, we begin our series of interviews with Coaches. In many ways, sports are a metaphor for life. The coaches we interview will discuss their given disciplines, but more broadly, they will discuss how sports transcend what happens on the pitch, field, court, and track.
- Coach Sammy Giraldo background: growing up in Columbia
- What does soccer mean outside of the United States and to your family
- Background of Sammy’s brother and current work with San Antonio Soccer Club
- Coach Giraldo’s work with the United States National Program an Tennessee State Soccer Association
- Building culture and the roots of Giraldo Elite Futbol (GEF)
- Selecting players (and parents) for elite soccer development
- Elements of a successful culture and team: focus on the player
- Parallels with other culture first organizations in professional sports
- Sammy’s current organization
- Look us up on social media here: Instagram Facebook Twitter
Connect with us!
Did you like this topic?
Leave a comment, sign up to receive our newsletter and latest episodes!
Is there something you would like us to do a show on or an interview you want to hear?
Join us at the Future Focus Health Network —WFO LIFE PODCAST TRIBE
One thought on “EP 071 Interview: Coach Sammy Giraldo”